The position of School Administrator would lead a team of teachers and assistance in the establishment and operation of a private, secular preschool. Including day-to-day operations, routine and special events in a manner which integrates and promotes the mission of Davidson Preschool.
• The position of School Administrator of a private, secular preschool requires 20-25 hours per week during the school year. Flexible hours during summer months to accommodate preparing for the school year, advertising and promoting of school, recruiting new students, and team meetings.
• The position of School Administrator would report to the Board of Directors of Davidson Preschool.
• Manage staff of 6-8 with student enrollment of up to 40.
• Enroll students.
• Interact with parents and students.
• Provide leadership for staff.
Essential Job Functions
• Implement classroom management practices that ensure a safe, secure and orderly preschool environment is maintained at all times.
• Develop and implement marketing and advertisement plan that creates interest in the preschool and fuels strong enrollment.
• Meet regularly with parents and keep all parents informed of policies and procedures as well as conduct tours, initial interviews with prospective parents.
• Establish enrollment processes that ensures children are enrolled efficiently, acclimated smoothly into their classroom, and monitored to ensure success.
• Be responsible for keeping Preschool Board up to date on all important and pertinent issues which need to be discussed in detail.
• Act as an extension of the School Board in day to day operations.
• Attend Staff Meetings, Board meetings, programs, and fundraisers.
• Create and maintain a positive work environment and develop a nurturing culture for students.
• Ensure the preschool is operating with the annual budget while meeting the needs of the preschool.
• Develop and implement fundraisers to sustain operating expense of the preschool.
• Participate in additional training and continuing education as needed.
• Track registrations and demographics of families attending and interested in preschool enrollment.
Education and Experience
The position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in education field. Preferred Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Must be a strong leader and be able to manage the day operations of a preschool. Excellent computer experience using Microsoft Office suite of programs and Social Media. CPR/First Aid certification. Blood-borne pathogen training. Have the physical capacity to work with preschool children with minor lifting expected. Must submit to Background and Credit Check.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org